A Swedish woman hitting a neo-Nazi protester with her handbag. The woman was reportedly a concentration camp survivor. 
Volunteers learn how to fight fires at Pearl Harbor [c. 1941 - 1945]
A 106-year old Armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47. 
Komako Kimura, a prominent Japanese suffragist at a march in New York. [October 23, 1917]
Erika, a 15-year-old Hungarian fighter who fought for freedom against the Soviet Union. [October 1956]
Sarla Thakral, 21 years old, the first Indian woman to earn a pilot license. 
Voting activist Annie Lumpkins at the Little Rock city jail. 
Source with more wonderful photos
Yea I feel the same everytime I put hispanic on the application. I wonder if I put black and white will I get the job.
i doubt youd get it if you put black.
we go through the same discrimination
"Love In the Time of Tear Gas." Picture from Ferguson
Why aren’t we seeing this everywhere? Soooo much more meaningful than this, which was everywhere:
Those were my EXACT thoughts.
We all know why.
"Love in the Time of Tear Gas" is a BRILLIANT title for this photo.
Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
her and everyone else these douchebags hacked
SHOTS FIREDDamn that turned innocent to calling out sexism real fast
Why is it that people are willing to spend $20 on a bowl of pasta with sauce that they might actually be able to replicate pretty faithfully at home, yet they balk at the notion of a white-table cloth Thai restaurant, or a tacos that cost more than $3 each? Even in a city as “cosmopolitan” as New York, restaurant openings like Tamarind Tribeca (Indian) and Lotus of Siam (Thai) always seem to elicit this knee-jerk reaction from some diners who have decided that certain countries produce food that belongs in the “cheap eats” category—and it’s not allowed out. (Side note: How often do magazine lists of “cheap eats” double as rundowns of outer-borough ethnic foods?)
Yelp, Chowhound, and other restaurant sites are littered with comments like, “$5 for dumplings?? I’ll go to Flushing, thanks!” or “When I was backpacking in India this dish cost like five cents, only an idiot would pay that much!” Yet you never see complaints about the prices at Western restaurants framed in these terms, because it’s ingrained in people’s heads that these foods are somehow “worth” more. If we’re talking foie gras or chateaubriand, fair enough. But be real: You know damn well that rigatoni sorrentino is no more expensive to produce than a plate of duck laab, so to decry a pricey version as a ripoff is disingenuous. This question of perceived value is becoming increasingly troublesome as more non-native (read: white) chefs take on “ethnic” cuisines, and suddenly it’s okay to charge $14 for shu mai because hey, the chef is ELEVATING the cuisine.
- One of the entries from the list ‘20 Things Everyone Thinks About the Food World (But Nobody Will Say)’. (via pinkfurcoat)